SHRM Vice President of Sales and Marketing - Media Brands Expansion in Alexandria, Virginia
Vice President of Sales and Marketing - Media Brands Expansion
1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
SHRM creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things works, workers, and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener, and thought leader on issues impacting today’s evolving workplaces. With nearly 325,000 members in 165 countries, SHRM impacts the lives of more than 235 million workers and families globally.
The Vice President, Brand Expanders is responsible for leading the sales and marketing efforts to drive ad revenue within the organization’s media brands. This position works collaboratively with internal and external partners to launch new products and implement line extensions to current media offerings and develop innovative sales strategies for the sales team.
· Directs and manages sales activities for digital and print products as well as other advertising initiatives within the brand, overseeing the direct sales team and agency sales representatives.
· Manages sales support and advertising/sponsorship integration team.
· Leverages media industry knowledge to ensure media sales strategies are utilizing or adopting state-of-the-art tools, remains current with media industry trends to maximize sales capabilities.
· Directs the financial administration for the publications and eMedia department. Responsible for budget analysis and continuous budget review of the sales and advertising department.
· Manages third party revenue products such as vendor directory and sponsor offers.
· Participates in the development of Publications and eMedia department goals, and development plans for direct reports.
· Actively participates in the review of operational results and provides recommendations to achieve organizational goals.
· Leads & Manages webcast production team to ensure webcast pages and moving upcoming programs to on-demand.
· Leads/Manages Webcasts Associate Producer ensuring live and recorded webcasts and podcast programs are coordinated for SHRM members and shrm.org website visitors
· Collaborates across various departments to support initiatives that drive revenue.
· Develops a comprehensive ongoing market outreach strategy. Coordinates on an overarching marketing approach and an account-based marketing strategy.
· Develops, leads and executes SHRM’s member engagement and retention goals and supports revenue initiatives. Collaborates with SHRM’s sales, editorial, membership, marketing, and social media teams.
· Creates and grows a successful commercial advertising relationship with prospective and existing clients and customer organizations.
· Manages ad sales opportunity pipeline across the full range of client maturity levels, from lead identification through proposal development and contract agreement, including reporting on pipeline status.
· Coach, develop, mentor, and manage the activities of team members.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma with equivalent work experience.
10 years of Sales experience; 5 years Inside Sales Management experience.
Experience driving sales of HR-related programs or services (or equivalent products/services) at the executive level using consultative sales techniques.
Successful past performance in business development (developing customer relationships, account strategies, developing a qualified pipeline, and capturing large scale deals).
Recent experience in Sales Management of multiple online and print products.
Experience webcast and /or Multimedia production, editorial programming, or marketing
Advanced degree in Business, Human Resources, Marketing, or a related field is preferred.
Experience working in both for-profit and non-profit environments and applying best practices for relationship management business development in both contexts.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of paid and controlled circulation management.
Knowledge of the Human Resource industry.
Strong people management and leadership skills.
Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately.
Accomplished skills in developing proposals and client presentations.
Strong attention to detail.
Ability to creativelyproblem solve and think critically.
Ability to lead a team effectively while at the same time contributing individually.
Strong prioritization skills, with a demonstrated ability to determine the appropriate level of quality and detail for a given task or project.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, develop solutions, and drive toward targeted results.
Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral.
Ability to lead sales teams to achieve specific goals.
Strong Client Relationship Management and Account Management skills.
Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices
Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish.
Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of services and products.
Knowledge of how to develop client-focused, differentiated, and achievable solutions.
Demonstrates agility and flexibility responding to issues and developing solutions.
Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.
Physical Requirements (adjust this section as necessary)
Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing, and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Work environment (adjust this section as necessary)
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and conference settings and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Travel expected is 20-30% of the time.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Family Sales
Job Function Sales Development
Pay Type Salary
- 1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA